Golden Jackal ALERT in Romania! The "last bullet" is giving jackals an opportunity.
The lethal management and increased control rates are not sufficient to control the golden jackal population size in Romania. Despite increased 65% and 60% control rates the stock assessment increased by 22% during the last hunting season (2019-2020)
During the last week the Ecology Department of NGO Crispus Sibiu Romania started a campaign to make public the difficult management of the golden jackal species in Romania, mostly in the last two hunting seasons when the Romanian Game Management Authority approved harvest quotas (control rate) of 81% and 80%. During the hunting season 2019-2020 a total number of 9.474 jackals were removed.
Read about the full one week campaign!
- Episode Golden jackal aggressive hunting and poaching in Romania (Aggressive Hunting)
- Episode Vulpea si hilacul in Austria, Ungaria, Romania si Bulgaria (Red Foxes and Jackals)
- Episode Ce mananca hilacul si dece nu mai au valoare trofeele (A fur costs 150 EUR)
- Episode Alerta de Mediu Crispus NGO Sibiu Romania (Environmental Alert)
- Episode Letal Management and conservation questions in Romania ("Jackal died", "Hilacul was born")
Ecology Department of Crispus NGO Sibiu Romania
Contact email: crispusngosibiu(at)gmail.com
Post a Comment